EOSC Task Force workshop at the Open Science FAIR
Tuesday 21 September 9:30-11:00 CEST
This interactive session is organised by the EOSC Association and will provide information on the vision and priorities of the Implementation Phase of the European Open Science Cloud. It will also gather information on new ideas and resources coming from the OS Fair participants that can contribute directly to the newly set up EOSC Advisory Groups and their Task Forces.
The EOSC Association represents a single voice for the advocacy and representation of the broader EOSC Stakeholder community in Europe, promoting alignment of EU research policy and priorities. A key role of the Association is to continuously develop the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) which will influence future EOSC activities at institutional, national and EU level (including the EOSC-related work programmes in Horizon Europe). This living document will adapt to the changing EOSC ecosystem and the needs of EOSC stakeholders.
To achieve this, the Association has set up a series of Advisory Groups (AG) with Task Forces (TF) to engage with the EOSC community around priority areas which will be discussed.
- 9:30-9:50 CEST – Introduction to the Task Forces - Sarah Jones, EOSC Association Director
- 9:50-10:15 CEST – Introductions to the EOSC Task Forces
- Implementation of EOSC AG – Britta Dreyer, PID Policy and Implementation Task Force Coordinator
- Technical challenges on EOSC AG – Ignacio Blanquer, EOSC Association Director
- Metadata and Data Quality AG – Sarah Jones, EOSC Association Director
- Research careers and curricula AG – Gustav Nilsonne, Research Careers, Recognition, and Credit Task Force Coordinator
- Sustaining EOSC AG – Bob Jones, EOSC Association Director
- 10:15-11:00 CEST – Moderated discussion with speakers on TF activities, useful resources and strategic gaps – Chair, Sarah Jones, EOSC Association Director